Athletic and Academic Excellence
Nazareth Academy is committed to athletic and academic excellence while integrating learning and competing with Christian values and faith. Participation in interscholastic athletics can make a material difference to the development of young adults. Athletics is a process that can be used to cultivate leadership skills and an attitude of achievement that can be beneficial for a lifetime. This process is best accomplished within the Nazareth framework of Scholarship, Service, Spirit and Unity.
Illinois High School Association
As a member of the Archdiocese of Chicago, Nazareth supports the policies of the Illinois High School Association. In doing so, Nazareth Academy may not promise or offer athletic scholarships of any kind. Violations may result in loss of eligibility for the student, coach and/or school.
Nazareth Academy always keeps the best interests of its student athletes first and foremost. To that end, we are proud to partner with the Prairie Medical Group and Dr. Tom Nelson, our team physician. Dr. Nelson and his staff have assembled the best support team consisting of Athletico and Midwest Orthopedics at Rush.
The goals and responsibilities of this team are as follows:
1. Reduce the risk of injury through physical screening, conditioning programs and education.
2. Should an injury occur, be available for consultation, make necessary referrals to a qualified physician or other specialist, and develop a treatment and rehabilitation program for the student-athlete.
3. Act as a liaison between the doctor, coach, parents and athlete to ensure that everyone has a full understanding of the capabilities or limitations the injury imposes.
4. Educate the student-athlete so that he/she understands his/her injury, responsibilities for rehabilitation, and the future implications for participation.
5. Determine the safe and appropriate timing of injured athlete's return to their sport.
Nazareth Academy uses Athletics 2000 to maintain all Athletics related information. Schedules, Scores, Highlights, Announcements, Rosters, Daily Events, Team & Event Pictures are updated on a daily basis and can be accessed through the following link: www.athletics2000.com/nazareth
Opportunities to Compete
Nazareth Academy offers its student-athletes an opportunity to compete in 23 interscholastic sports.
Basketball, Baseball, Cross-Country, Football, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling
Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross-Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Pom and Dance, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball
Past Athletic Experiences
"Being part of Nazareth Athletics has taught me many lessons that I will take with me forever. Not only have I matured as an athlete, but I have also matured as a young adult. Competing on both the basketball and baseball teams the past two years has definitely been one of the best experiences of my life." - Ryan Powers, Class of 2011
"Balancing three sports along with all of my schoolwork can be overwhelming at times, but I always feel I have the support of my teachers and coaches. In pursuit of excellence, hard work is encouraged both inside the classroom and on the playing field." -Shannon Cawley, Class of 2011